Apple has launched an all new generation of iPhones today and among them the iPhone XR. Here is a sum up of all you need to know. They also unveiled the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max, find out more about them here.
- The iPhone XR features a notched 6.1-inch LCD display and Apple’s Face ID system.
- It offers a 1792 x 828 resolution at 326 PPI, featuring Apple’s True Tone technology.
- Unfortunately, the frame is aluminium, not stainless steel.
- There’s IP67 water and dust protection, instead of the improved IP68 rating on the iPhone XS, and the screen is LCD, not OLED.
- Apple’s new Haptic touch system (no 3D Touch).
- The iPhone XR features Apple’s latest six-core A12 Bionic processor.
- It features a single rear 12-megapixel wide-angle camera.
- A front-facing 7-megapixel camera that allows for Face ID as well as features like portrait mode selfies, Animoji, and Memoji.
- Apple is promising up to an hour and a half longer battery than the iPhone 8 Plus.
- The XR also will come in a variety of colours including, black, white, blue, coral, yellow, and red.
- The iPhone XR starts at $749 for a 64GB model, with 128GB and 256GB models also available.
- Preorders will start on October 19th for the XR, which will ship a week later on October 26th.
Also you can find some pictures below.