It may be debatable whether these upgrades are necessary but they certainly contribute to a better and more enjoyable quality of life. Whether it’s related to feeling better through improved health or by engaging in entertaining activities or even by having superior tools to advance your career or your children’s education, these 6 upgrades to your everyday life can make a measurable improvement.
- Upgrade Your Diet – Eating nutritious foods is imperative for optimal health, well-being, and quality of life. Even small improvements can make a noticeable difference in energy levels and mood. Replace your processed foods with fresh, natural alternatives even if it’s only for one or two meals at first. Invest in a healthy meal kit service like Hello Fresh or Blue Apron. These services are a great option for both people who don’t have time to shop and meal plan as well as for those who don’t know how to cook healthy meals and need some guidance. Little by little, these changes will add up and make a noticeable difference in your family’s well being.
- Upgrade Your Mattress – Restorative sleep is essential for a healthy mind and body. Sleep deprivation can result in memory loss and cognitive deficits, increased risk of injury, and can increase the risk of certain illnesses such as high blood pressure, stroke, type 2 diabetes, heart attack, obesity, mood disorders, and more. There are many facets to practicing good sleep hygiene including going to bed at the same time every night, practicing stress reduction techniques, turning off all electronic devices at least 2 hours before bedtime, etc. However, one important and easy to remedy factor that many people ignore is their mattress. Not only does your mattress affect the quality of your sleep but it also is important to the health of your back. An investment in a good, quality mattress is an investment in your short-term and long-term health.
- Upgrade Your Home Entertainment System – More families are choosing to spend time at home and it’s easier than ever due to the advances in technology. Whether your family enjoys music, movies, television, or gaming, you have unprecedented options to choose from. Start with a high-resolution smart TV in a size which fits your budget and best suits your needs. Once you’ve decided on the TV, you’ll want to have a variety of media to choose from. Even if you decide to sign up with cable or a satellite TV service, you should consider supplementing your programming with content which you can stream to your TV. This allows you greater freedom since you can select what interests you and you’re not just stuck with whatever your service provider offers. Amazon Fire TV or the Fire TV Stick allows you to install movie, music and tv apps on them. Troypoint offers guides and details on how to use these devices and apps. You can completely customize your home entertainment experience to cater to your family’s tastes and needs.
- Upgrade Your Computer – Computers are essential to modern life, whether for homework, online bill paying, email, accessing social media, or streaming music, movies or other media, they have become a lifeline. Buying an underpowered computer makes no sense since you’ll have to replace it sooner than later. Buying a quality computer with sufficient RAM and a good video card doesn’t have to break the bank and is an investment worth making especially if you value speed and responsiveness.
- Upgrade Your Phone – Most people don’t make a move without their smartphone. Today’s phone has moved far beyond the realm of making phone calls, it is now personal assistant, calendar, camera, video camera, and web browser. You can text, send email, type documents, watch movies, and play games. That’s why you want to have a phone which meets all your needs and that you won’t need to upgrade every year (unless you want to!). With everything your phone does, it needs to have adequate bandwidth so don’t scrimp.
- Upgrade Your Vehicle – You commute to work, drive your children to school and after-school activities, go to church, synagogue or club meetings. Today’s society is mobile and we spend hours in our vehicles. That’s why there are several important considerations when choosing a vehicle. Safety, because traffic accidents are among the top causes of death in the U.S., comfort, because we spend some much time in them, fuel efficiency, because it’s good for the environment and our wallet. It’s essential to have a car which is reliable because breakdowns cost you time, expense, and even opportunities. For all these reasons, make sure you upgrade your car to one which meets or surpasses your needs.
Modern life is rushed, complicated, and stressful. By upgrading a few of the things which impact your health or quality of life can make a positive impact on your life and the wellbeing of your family.